Wednesday, April 22, 2015

1/72 VF-1 with super parts


I decided to do a "Small" project between the last one and the next, but it took me allot longer than expected, lack of time and I was indecisive on which colors would look good with my previously builded VF-1S




Waterslide decals are great, Bandai has improved a great deal on those. but they were one of the thing's that took longer, it was repetitive to put the same decal over and over on the missiles, but, hey, I prefer that by a mile, than no decals at all (I'm looking at you Kotobukiya)




The kit is simple, so simple that you could build it without the manual, everything is well planed and stays in place except fopr one thing, the most visible of them all, the upper thrusters, they are attached to the plane by sliding into the gap that leave the back fins once they are folded, if you fold them wrong, even by a tiny bit, the thrusters won't be aligned, and even if you manage to do it, they'll be a little loose.





It's hard to complain about Bandai kits, good quality on the plastic, decent details, low price, cool gimmicks, but I said it before and I'll say it again, this is not a toy, on model kits looks should come first, everything else goes behind, in that respect, Bandai is at the bottom, not to mention that the most visible parts, the thrusters, are attached poorly and they are hard to align, it comes with a ton of missiles wich you could use to swap once you get bored, or use them on another project.

6/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment