Saturday, June 6, 2015

Moving on...

For the past two months I've been working on the VF-0C, I was very happy when I got this limited edition kit for a reasonable price, but, I didn't wanted the scheme pictured in the box, and I don't want another grey plane, so it was time to try something new...

Without good results.
I don't remember where I saw this kind of triangular camo, and I decided to give it a try, but the result is not great, the medium blue stands out too much, and there was paint bleed everywhere.

I swear, the bleed was not my fault, I used a tamiya masking sheet to do the pattern, and it was a nightmare to work with it, it didn´t stayed in place, not even on the flat surfaces, imagine the dissaster on the curved places.

so I´m not shure what to do with it, I could do the slow process of correcting the bleed, hoping that helps with the overall look, I could take away the camo and repaint.

one thing is for sure, I need a break from it, I'm going to start a new project and get back and try to rescue this kit in a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment