Sunday, August 2, 2015

N-WGIX

On the last few months my interest for Armored Core model kits have peaked, and as I´m giving the final details on the Alicia Unsung (decals, weathering and Top coat) I have found awesome stuff online, I even got my hands on some discontinued kits for a reasonable price. Most of the stuff that catches my eye is from AC4 and AC For Answer, on AC5 and AC Veredict Day the mechs look very much alike, the weapons are awesome though. on the opposite on AC4 and ACFor answer, the Mechs from each faction have a very distinctive look, but weapons were not as impressive or detailed, anyway, the only AC that really stands out in the ACVD game, is this one, the N-WGIX

This was the winner of the 2014 kotobukiya contest, the AC itself its based on the White Glint but as you might expect it is heavily modified, this had to take some serious skills to do, I'm no expert, but I think this is the best AC scale model I have seen. 


This is one of those designs that I have never undestood why they have not been made, I get that they focus on the "hero" stuff, but the game has no heroes!!! so why not make the best AC available? only the Kotobukiya guys knows why. 


As time passes by it's more difficult that kotobukiya decides to do a kit, it is a shame, as well as the diminished interest on the AC kits from the brand, I guess a new game could reignite the interest, but there are no AC games announced for the moment.


The future is not very bright for those of us who like to build Armored Core Kits, the one Kotobukiya is releasing this august looks good, but very expensive for what you seem to get, so I guess it wont sell very well, and that will reduce our chances of one day having this awesome mech in our collection, I hope I´m wrong.


Anyway if you know who made this and his/her site please let me know so I can give credit, also bear with me, I promise I'll upload some new stuff soon, work has been crazy and the kit itself is taking me more time than I anticipated, thanks for watching.



1 comment:

  1. Hello, my H/N is -nin-. I am Japanese, and made this model "N/WGIX/v".
    I am worried about whether I can tell you something well because of my poor English skill... but I would like to say, thank you very much for watching my work! I have never thought that people in different countries check it... I'm very surprised.

    Please see my weblog and my Twitter account (sorry, please find my account from the weblog). These are Japanese only, but you may be able to find another pictures.

    http://nin00o00nin.blog.fc2.com

    ReplyDelete